Thursday, February 14, 2013

VUELING REFUSES COMPENSATION
On Sunday, February 10, I was booked on to Vueling flight VY8017 which was supposed to depart from Orly to Barcelona at 15.20 but was cancelled. I opted to take the re-routing option departing on flight VY8021 at 19.30.

Under EU Denied Boarding Regulation 261/2004, it is absolutely crystal clear that I am entitled to €250 compensation along with all my fellow passengers on cancelled VY8017. The re-routed flight left four hours, ten minutes after the one I was supposed to be on. However under the European Regulations, it states:

The (compensation) amounts stipulated are:-
  • 250 Euro (£217) for flights under 1500 kilometres (932 miles) (Short haul)
 However Vueling have replied to me three times saying I am not entitled to compensation EVEN THOUGH I provided them with a direct link to the European Regulations so they could read the legislation for themselves.

I was a very enthustiastic fan of Vueling until Sunday - and a member of the MyVueling/Punto loyalty scheme. I am VERY disappointed that Vueling think they can fob me off with emails and ignore their legal obligations.

If anyone else has similar Vueling stories, please let me know. I'm starting my campaign for justice right now!!!!